Staff Applicants - 2023
Who are our Mentors?
NSBE’s SEEK program recruits undergraduate students and professionals dedicated to mentoring and providing support to elementary students in underprivileged communities through STEM education. Our mentors are tasked with teaching engineering concepts in a fun and motivating environment. They are positive role models that allow students to envision themselves in STEM career fields. They are part friend, part counselor, part teacher and serve as ideal role models to our students.
- Collaborate with peers to instruct and manage a classroom of elementary school students
- Teach general math and science concepts to students at age-appropriate levels
- Instruct students in a variety of hands-on engineering activities complemented with a curriculum
- Interact with local community leaders and members/employees of our corporate sponsors.
- Expose students to career options that may not be represented in their community
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor
- Competitive Pay
- Building relationships
- Networking opportunities with fortune 500 companies
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Opportunity to participate in a paid research program
- Opportunity to foster success in elementary-aged students
- Programs will be offered May - August (Remote & In-Person Opportunities Available)
- Each program last a total of 4 weeks (1 training week + 3-week program)
- Participants must be available all 4 weeks of the program
*Please note that all information is subject to change